St. Joseph's Workshop (Men's Ministry)
Without good men studies show:
- Likelihood for children to carry on the faith or have any at all in adolescence or adulthood:
- When the Mother leads 2%
- When the Father leads 75%
- Children of father-absent homes are twice as likely to drop out compared those with a father present.
- 50% of children with highly involved fathers report getting mostly A’s through high school compared to 35.2% of nonresident father families.
- Children in father-absent homes are five times more likely to be poor.
- A child with a non-resident father is 54% more likely to be poorer than his or her father.
- Infant mortality rates are 1.8 times higher for infants of unmarried mothers than for married mothers.
- A study showed that middle schoolers not living with both biological parents quadruple the risk of having an affective disorder.
- Youths in father-absent homes experience higher odds at incarceration.
- Youths in single-parent homes experience higher risk of delinquency, drug and alcohol abuse.
- Sexual activity increases by two times and pregnancy by seven times in father-absent homes.
- Children in single parent homes are 120% in greater risk of child abuse endangerment.