Family Faith Formation Online Resources
This page contains resources to help parents in their role as primary catechists responsible for passing on the faith to their children. Parents have a much better idea what kinds of activities help their children the most, so the parish leaves it up to them to determine what is best for the family. Weekly activities are are to be reported each month on the Family Faith Formation Activity Report.
FAMILY OF FAITH GUIDES AND ACTIVTY BOOKS: We will be covering topics included in the Family of Faith curriculum over a two-year period (for 2023-2024, volumes 1-2 are closest to the scheduled topics). These are not required for Family Faith Formation! However, the Parent Guides and Activity Books are very helpful (St. Joseph's families can use a discount code for 45% off (STJ45)! To order, create a free Sophia Account. You can also call Sophia Institute at 800-888-9344 to place an order.
BIBLE / CATECHISM: St. Joseph's recommended the following Scriptures and Catechisms.
- FORMED - St. Joseph families have FREE access to FORMED! Thousands of hours of movies and other resources on your computer, phone, tablet, or smart TV.
- Catholic Answers - Explaining and defending the faith through articles, videos, speakers, and podcasts.
- Ascension Press - Several top video channels and studies such as Fr. Mike Schmitz Bible / Catechism in a Year.
- EWTN - Eternal Word Television goes well beyond videos on their website which includes numerous faithful resources.
November Resources: God, Creation, and Sin
- Can We Prove That the Christian God Exists? (Dr. Douglas Beaumont) - Parents / Teens
- Why Believe? (Ch. 6: Recognizing God's Existence) (Augustine Institute) - Parents / Teens
- Why Believe (Ch. 8: Creation) (Augustine Institute) - Parents / Teens
- God Loves You as a Child of God (Chika Anyanwu) - Whole Family
- In The Beginning God Created (Benjamin Cello) - Children
- Who Made the World? (Adventure Catechism) - Children
- Why is Sin Bad? (FORMED) - Whole Family
- Sin and Its Effects (Fr. Chad Ripperger) - Parents / Teens
- Seven Deadly Sins / Seven Lively Virtues (Bshp. Robert Barron) - Parents / Teens